SLOW COOKER PORK CARNITAS
Amazingly juicy slow cooked pork with a slight crispiness from the quick fry in the pan. The great thing about this recipe is that the pork is so versatile – tacos, burritos, quesadillas, with rice or even by itself!
It so quick and easy to prepare and throw everything in the slow cooked – not to mention the intoxicating aromas coming off this throughout the process
- 2 kilo pork shoulder kg pork shoulder
- 1 onion loosely diced
- 1 jalapeno chopped (remove the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 oranges juice only (strained)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-1.5 tablespoons olive oil
Rub the pork with rub and place in slow cooked. Loosely chop garlic, onions, jalepeno and spread across the top of the pork. Sprinkle salt and peppar across the top of the pork along with the strained orange juice. Cook on low for 8-12 houers turning over every 3 hours.